Ageless Beauty: 7 Skin Care Essentials from Nathan Halsey
7 Skin Care Essentials from Nathan Halsey
- Flawless skin starts with a regular cleansing routine. Dirt, make up, and environmental pollutants can clog the pores causing breakouts and allowing toxins to enter the skin cells. The exposure to dirt and toxins can result in damaged fine lines, wrinkles, and diminished collagen, a building block of the skin. To ward off the signs of aging, use a gentle to mild cleanser daily to remove impurities from the surface. Look for cleansers that contain natural extracts, alpha-hydroxy acids, and anti-oxidants. These ingredients protect the skin from damaging free-radicals while removing environmental debris.
- Moisturizers help to hydrate the skin. Specially formulated ingredients found in moisturizers help the skin to be more soft while adding a layer of protection against environmental stressors. Look for moisturizers that are lightweight, rich in anti-oxidants and those that have Vitamin C, and E.
- Cleansing at night is something that many forgo for one reason or another. Just as a good cleansing routine in the day time is important, cleaning at night is essential for maintaining beautiful skin. During the evening, when the skin is at rest, it has the time to heal and repair itself from daily stressors. An evening cleansing routine is a must; it provides a great opportunity for targeted treatments such as wrinkle and fine line repair to do their work.
- Exfoliation is another skin care essential that will help improve the clarity and health of your delicate skin layers. Exfoliation removes the dead surface cells from the skin. There are many benefits to exfoliation including ridding the pores of dirt, reducing the occurrence of acne and improving the tone and texture of the skin. Exfoliation can be done weekly or monthly depending upon your skin care needs but, it is a must for healthy glowing skin.
- Collagen, the building block of the skin’s connective tissue. Over time, collagen in the skin decreases and must constantly be replenished. Products that include collagen can help to repair the skin, plump, and increase its elasticity for a youthful appearance.
- Eliminating stress can help to eliminate many unwanted signs of aging. Although topical treatments can indeed remedy the signs of aging, maintaining a healthy, stress-free lifestyle will have a positive impact on the vibrancy of the skin. Reducing stress can decrease breakouts and acne. Healthy lifestyle changes such as exercise, maintaining a healthy diet, and drinking water can greatly improve the skin.
- Block out the damaging effects of the sun by using a broad-spectrum sunscreen. It is widely known that exposure to the sun can accelerate the aging process by causing fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots. Sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher is an essential for any skin care routine; it can be used in addition to moisturizer for continuous protection all year-round.
Achieving ageless beauty is not just for Hollywood celebrities; with the right ingredients anyone can unlock the secrets to timeless beauty. As illustrated with the 7 skin care essentials from Nathan Halsey, achieving healthy skin requires a combination of internal and external treatments for optimal results.