Adult Acne, Not Just for Adolescents
Studies have shown that the occurrence of acne can be caused by many different factors. Anything from hormones to excessive oil production, bacteria, diet and cosmetics may be suspected culprits. Adult acne can be caused by factors such menopause, stress, and medication. Today, there are many treatments available for acne through a dermatologist and over the counter. While shopping drugstore shelves, you may find products labeled with Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic Acid. These products are known for eliminating bacteria, repairing the cells, and treating inflammation.
There are many other ingredients that are used to treat acne such as antibiotics, and Retin-A. Acne left untreated can lead to infection and scarring. Squeezing of pimples, although a tempting response, is not recommended. Popping pimples can cause infection to spread as well as additional breakouts. Take a look at suggestions on how you can prevent adult acne from Nathan Halsey.
Prevent Adult Acne-Tips from Nathan Halsey
Cleanse your skin at least twice a day with a gentle cleanser to remove dirt, oil and impurities from the face. Avoid harsh cleansers that irritate the surface of the skin.
Moisturize the skin frequently to reduce dryness which may trigger breakouts
- Limit the use of irritating cosmetics. Search for cosmetics that are mineral-based and those that are formulated to prevent irritation.
- Maintain a balanced diet and lifestyle; avoid oily foods
- Hydrate the skin by drinking plenty of water to cleanse impurities from the body.
- Consult a dermatologist with any skin care concerns.
- Avoid squeezing pimples which can make matters worse, look for topical treatments with Salicylic Acid to apply as directed.